Agency Requirements

As part of the affiliation agreements between different agencies and the College of Health and Human Services, students are required to provide specific compliance records to our office before they can start their clinical/practicum/internship. Clinical agencies require students to comply with their health and training requirements. We have listed many resources here for your convenience.

All of these may or may NOT be required by your agency. Contact your program’s clinical/internship coordinator to determine which requirements you need. Also note that the items below are an additional expense and will be paid by students. Expense amounts will vary.

  • Copy of Immunization Records
    • Immunization requirements for your program may include: Tetanus, MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, 2 Step TB Test, and Flu Shot
    • Hepatitis B Vaccine Declination Form. If you choose to decline this immunization requirement, please sign the form and send it in with your other compliance records.
  • 12 Panel Drug Screening Information
    • Nursing students are required to complete this requirement through UNC Charlotte’s vendor.
  • Criminal Background Check Information
    • If you are an international student who has lived in the US for less than 6 years, you will need to pay an additional fee to obtain a Police Clearance Certificate. Please contact your consulate to get instructions on the process and fees. Note, this process should be initiated at least 3 months prior to your practicum/internship.
  • CBC and Drug Screening Agreement Form
  • Bloodborne Pathogen Tutorial and Test
  • CPR Certification
    • American Heart Association certification is now available to all students through the Student Health Center. BLS and Heartsaver First Aid courses are offered. For additional information, please contact
    • Non-BSN students may also obtain certification through American Red Cross and Innovative Solutions.
    • For BSN students ONLY: Your CPR/BLS card should ONLY be from American Heart Association. See examples here.
  • Professional Liability Insurance. For students who have a clinical placement, students MUST carry professional liability insurance. The companies below offer Liability Insurance to students.
  • RN License Verification (RN-BSN and Graduate Nursing Students Only)

For additional questions, please e-mail the Student Compliance Specialist at