Student Learning Outcome Statements:
- The student will demonstrate the provision of compassionate, sensitive and competent care to patients/populations.
- The student will adhere to legal and ethical standards of professional nursing practice.
- The student will collaborate with other health care team members in facilitating patients’ health promotion, disease prevention and risk reduction.
- The student will implement and evaluate the development of a comprehensive plan of care promoting goal directed change to meet the client’s complex needs using appropriate NIC interventions.
- The student will demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills.
- Student learning outcomes are assessed each semester and reports are reviewed by the clinical faculty and the undergraduate curriculum committee each spring.
- Clinical-based experiential learning, written care plans, and project-based assignments.
- 80-90% of students will meet or exceed expectations
Use of Learning Evidence:
- Clinical evaluation tools were revised to be more specific to student learning outcomes.
- New methods of data collection were implemented to better assess student learning.
- New faculty hired to support clinical education and professional mentorship.