Public Health, BS
Student Learning Outcome Statements:
- Students will be able to respond to health-related problems.
- Students will analyze and interpret the results of studies, projects and programs related to the public’s health.
- As part of a group, students will be able to design an intervention using a public health model.
- Students will be able to communicate public health messages to diverse audiences.
- Students will be able to function as a public health professional.
- Student learning outcomes are assessed each semester and reports are reviewed by the faculty and the program committee each spring.
- Learning portfolio, self-evaluation, preceptor evaluation, project-based assignment, and student surveys.
- 80-90% of students will meet or exceed expectations
Use of Learning Evidence:
- Courses were re-sequenced in order to increase students’ competency in analytic skills.
- Additional courses were added to the curriculum to support student learning.
- Amount of internship hours changed to support learning outcomes.